Many of you know we just got back from a great trip to Utah! Blaine's brother Ryan got married in the SLC Temple and it was the best day! We all love our new sister and aunt Brooktynn so much! We are so happy for them and we were so blessed to be there for the wedding.
Uncle Matt with Cameron and cousin Emma
One funny thing happened related to the wedding events. Blaine's mom had left Brooktynn's beautiful bridal portrait out in the corner so she could take it to the reception they had planned. She also left some permanent markers next to the portrait and Ellie found these markers and colored ALL over the picture in blue marker!! Kelsey came running to Grandma saying "Ellie colored all over the married picture!!" Some attempts to remove the marker with various things did not go well--thankfully a new picture was ordered and replaced. I was not present for all of this--so my nice mother-in-law tried to hide the picture so I wouldn't feel bad for what my daughter did, but I ended up finding the picture and just about died when I saw it! We have the picture now as a souvenir from the wedding.
Ry and Brooktynn with the "colorful" bridal picture!
There was also a "bench press competition" between Blaine and his 4 brothers--ask Blaine who won. (It will boost his ego for him to tell that he won which gives him major bragging rights for quite some time. ) I, however only tied in the "arm wrestling competition" with my sis-in-law Lisa. I did beat my mother-in-law however, but she's been working out so I had to really try! (She told me to include that!) If only I had pictures of this!!
Welcome to our Blog!
Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:
Sunday, June 1, 2008
Ryan's married!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
The permanent marker story is classic. Only funny when is not your child that does it.
That is one of the funniest things I have ever read! I love it! I'm still laughing . . .
Oh Jaimee I think I would have died, that is so funny about that picture. I can only imagine how bad you must have felt, that's a great story!
Blue marker on a beautiful bridal portrait! She will never live that one down....it will be retold on her wedding day! :) It is a great story though!!
Post a Comment