
I wanted to post this quote on our blog because it has become our "family motto" I suppose as we get ready to start a new chapter in our lives with moving to D.C. Many of our friends and family are in the same situation so its good for all to read! (It's a bit long, but well worth it!)
"I have just two things to say to you who are troubled about the future. I say them lovingly and from my heart.
First, we must never let fear and the father of fear (Satan himself) divert us from our faith and faithful living. Every person in every era has had to walk by faith into what has always been some uncertainty. This is the plan. Just be faithful. God is in charge. He knows your name and He knows your need.
Faith in the Lord Jesus Christ--that is the first principle of the gospel. We must go forward. God expects you to have enough faith, determination, and trust in Him to keep moving, keep living, keep rejoicing. He expects you to not simply to face the future; he expects you to embrace and shape the future--to love it, rejoice in it, and delight in your oppurtunities.
God is eagerly waiting for the chance to answer your prayers and fulfill your dreams, just as He always has. But he can't if you don't pray, and He can't if you don't dream. In short, He can't if you don't believe." --Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, "This the Greatest of all Dispensations" Ensign, July, 2007
This quote just says it all and brings a lot of peace to us as we do have an uncertain future right now. Here we go again... walking by faith to another adventure in D.C! This is our way of "embracing and shaping our future" and we are "delighting in our opportunities"!
Welcome to our Blog!
Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:
Thursday, June 12, 2008
Family "Motto"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I love that Jaim, it was a wonderful thing for me to read right now in our lives too. Uncertainty scares me a lot but that is a very comforting quote. I am glad you posted that. You guys will do great in DC and I am so glad I can still see you every now and then.
Thanks for sharing! That quote is a great reminder of what life is all about!
I wish that I had the faith you do. I am so excited for you guys! I know that you will love DC!
Post a Comment