We are so happy to say that Blaine was offered (and accepted) a great job last Wednesday in Louisville, Kentucky!! We are so excited! This job is a miracle for our family following MONTHS of looking for a job. Pretty much since we moved here to Virginia last August, Blaine has been searching for a job and sent out hundreds of resumes, and talked to just about everyone we knew (and didn't know) about a job--without ANY luck. Most law firms are not hiring at all right now, which makes every other attorney job totally saturated with thousands of applicants. Blaine saw a rare posting for a job with a big law firm in Louisville--he sent his resume to them on Tuesday, and they called him on Wednesday to arrange an interview for the next Wednesday in Louisville. He flew out there, had a great interview, and flew home Wednesday night and on the way home from the airport they called him to offer him the job. I was shaking my head in the car to say "TAKE IT!!" We both felt before he left for Louisville that this would be great and was the right thing. Its amazing this job came up, because Blaine sent the same firm a resume a few months ago and they responded that they were not hiring.
I can honestly say that this was one of the hardest things we've had to go through--the stress of not having a job or a way to provide for FOUR children was truly such a worry and a trial of faith for us. We knew we were supposed to come to Virginia for Blaine to do the LLM program, and we had faith that the Lord had a plan for our family, but that time of not knowing when or what or where that plan would take us really stretched our faith. We hope we've become better by going through this--I know we have. The Lord doesn't leave us--just often makes us stretch till we are about ready to give up! I'm grateful for my sweet husband who didn't give up and had faith to carry me through the last few months. Thank you to everyone who has prayed for us to find a job---you're prayers made all the difference.
So....we are moving to Louisville. The only thing I could want more was if this job was in Lexington....but Louisville isn't too far!!! We are still far from family and great friends in Utah which is hard, but Kentucky is such a great place with many great friends there. Blaine starts on the 26th of May, and I'll stay here in Virginia till we find and close on a house. So hopefully we'll be all moved in by July! We are excited! (And, we have movers to move us---thank heavens!!)
Welcome to our Blog!
Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:
Monday, May 11, 2009
We have a job!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
YahoooOoOoOO! Hooray! Hurrah! Congratulations, Blainer!! You guys are awesome, and we are so delighted for you and your next adventure! And Kentucky, no less! Lucky! (said like Napoleon Dynamite, of course)
We couldn't be more excited for you guys! That is great! When you get to Kentucky we'll have to come see that little boy!
Awesome Possum!!!! I ran into Drew on Saturday and told us the great news. Hope the move goes well and welcome back to the great state of Kentucky!
I am so happy for you guys! It's hard not knowing what your future will be, but you guys are sure blessed because of your faith! You are a darling family who deserves the best! Congrats to Blaine! Love ya!
Welcome to big law. My favorite part about it-MOVERS!!! I'm so glad that they will take care of everything. Yay for jobs and yay for movers!
Yeah!!!! I am so happy for you. And I'm glad that you'll be back in Kentucky. That is just great!
Jaim your post just makes me want to cry, I am so happy for you. Congratulations again, I think it's so amazing how when you heard of the job it immediately felt right for your family. That's exactly how we felt about Eric's when he interviewed. It really is such a testimony to me that we are being guided and prompted for what is right for our families. We love you guys!
Post a Comment