Welcome to our Blog!

Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Cameron is 6!





Cameron had his 6th birthday and his Star Wars Birthday Party! The Star Wars Party was great! Cameron and many of the kids came dressed in Star Wars attire--but it was a pretty hot day so the costumes didn't last long! We had "Yoda Sodas", Star Wars cupcakes, and edible light sabres (pretzel sticks dipped in red and green chocolate). We played the following games: "Pin the Light Sabre on Yoda", "Destroy the Deathstar" where the kids had to throw a beanbag into the ventilation shaft like Luke, "Save Princess Leia" where the kids had to pop a balloon which had a picture of Leia trapped inside the balloon, and "Stormtrooper Bowling" which was 2 liter bottles with a picture of a stormtrooper on the front, and a "Jedi Obstacle Course" which was fun. We made light sabres for each kid out of those pool noodles which we cut up into 3 pieces and wrapped black tape at one end for a handle. Of course--the boys mainly just wanted to whack each other with the light sabres the whole time! We were so busy keeping the kids going we didn't take many pictures of the party--but here are a few pictures of Cam opening up some of the sweet Star Wars toys his friends gave him. He's in Star Wars heaven! Remind us next time to think twice about inviting 15 boys to Cameron's next party! It was worth it though to see Cameron have such a fun time with all his great friends here in Kentucky.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cameron-
sounds like you had one awesome party!! Hope you enjoyed your birthday! Tell your family hi!
I love you guys!
Nikki

rozalyn said...

The party was AWESOME!!!! It's too bad Cameron can't have a birthday party every week! :) Garrett wanted to take his little light stick to bed with him and we couldn't get him to put his light sabre down all afternoon. Thanks for inviting us! I'm so glad our boys are friends.

Anonymous said...

Cameron: What an awesome party you had today. I bet it was so fun. Your parents did a good job of pulling off a fantastic party! Jaimee - I can't believe you invited 15 little boys. What a blast! You are braver than I ever was. Glad that everyone had a good time. I will have you fun and pull off my next birthday party!!!

Ashlee said...

Jaimee you are amazing! I can't believe you had 15 boys in your home! crazy.
Thank you so much for the home made cards. The card you wrote was so sweet. You are such a good friend.

Anonymous said...

Go Star Wars! I am glad you have this blog, it is so fun to see these pictures. Love you guys! Love you Cameron!