Welcome to our Blog!

Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Eight is Great!

Our Cameron turned eight and was baptized this last Saturday. Hard to believe this kid is 8 now! What a special day it was to see him be baptized. I think that was one of the best things ever to experience as a mom. I loved seeing him in his white baptism clothes. When he was in the font with Blaine he was just grinning as big as he could---even when he went under the water! I know he is a very special boy and I feel a lot of comfort knowing he has the Holy Ghost now to be his companion and help him make good choices. We sure love this Cameron. We had a fun, fun weekend with both our Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, and cousins. Thanks to all who came to be with us on this special day!

Cam and his parents on his baptism day.

Not the greatest family pictures--but it was as good as we were gonna get!

Cameron lost a tooth after his baptism at the dinner we had (a stray basketball hit him in the mouth and knocked it out!). He exclaimed, "What are the chances of being baptized and losing a tooth and having the tooth fairy come on the same day!" He thought that was pretty great.

Cameron with his friends at Chuck E. Cheese on his bday.

Cameron with his Snake Cake

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I want you to know that we would not have missed this occasion for anything. We have loved being with you and we are so proud of Cameron for being ready to be baptized. He is a great boy and I know he will try close to the Lord as he grows up. Love your family. Thanks for having us.

Shelley said...

How AWESOME!! I wish we could've been there. . .we think Cam is a pretty special boy too!

Corinda said...

Congrats! Sorry we weren't able to make it.

angela said...

Congrats Cameron! What a great day - especially when a tooth is lost as well. Loved the family pics. Kelsey and Ellie definitely have mischief in mind...

ps-thanks for the card. you are too funny!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad we were able to be with you guys for Cameron's baptism - it was so good to see you guys and feel of Cameron's contagious enthusiasm! It was a very special day!

Penny said...

I can't believe that! How cute is he?!? Love the cake too! What a good mommy! I love the pic of Blaine and Cam together in their whites! Love it!