Welcome to our Blog!

Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Halloween Celebrating begins!

Grandma Bell has a great tradition of throwing an awesome Halloween Party every year--so since she and Phil and Lisa were here this last weekend we had to keep the tradition going. Blaine and I have never really had costumes to dress up in--but this year I made us costumes. They will probably be our costumes for the rest of our lives. The party involves three main events: 
1. Pin the Tie on the Ghost
2. Great Neptune of the Sea--where you ask "Great Neptune" behind the sheet for a prize and you put your fishing line over and he gives you a prize. 
3. The Ghost Cake--which is a cake with a ghost with real flaming eyes--its a big hit. 
We had so much fun! Even better to have the Moore's here with us to celebrate!! 

"The Big Bad Wolf" and "Little Red Riding Hood"
All the kids ready to party (We had to put Ellie to bed because she was having a melt down she was so tired.)

Kelsey playing "Pin the Tie on the Ghost"
Grandma and Emma as "Kitties"
The Fabulous Moore's

10 comments:

Ashlee said...

Love love the costumes!!! You're amazing. The post of Mt. Vernon makes me want to come visit right now! Love Cam's sun glasses. Sure miss you guys!

angela said...

Who is this girl?!?!?! What great looking costumes! Isn't Halloween so much fun!

Eric and Jenny said...

Cute costumes! You are a good sport to dress up Jaim, I don't think I have dressed up since I was ten. Thanks again for having Eric over a couple of weeks ago, you are such an angel!!!

Ike and Holly Morgan said...

You and Blaine look awesome!! That looked like a super fun party. Tell the Moore's hi. I miss not having you around, but I'm so glad you have Natalie.

Ryan and Jill said...

I just saw Shelly a while ago, she lives in my sister's ward & she gave her your blog address for me! It has been so long since I've seen or talked to you... your family is darling!!! Congrats on baby #4. I just had my second in May... they are so fun! I hope we can keep in touch! My blog address is ryanjillfamily.blogspot.com - tell Blaine "hi" for me!!! I hope all is going well for you guys! Love ya!

The Blomquist Bunch said...

Hooray! YOu guys got to party with Halloween Party lady Derena! Your big bad wolf and red riding hood costumes were top-notch! What a great idea---loved the material you made Blaine's head and paws out of--perfect! As always, I am so impressed with all your skillz!

Bonnie said...

Both dad and I just giggled when we saw your costumes. You are amazing at the sewing machine. The party looks so fun. Kelsey is a darling witch!!! Is Ellie's just like here? Happy Halloween.

Kim said...

SUPER cute costumes, Miss Martha Stewart! "I just made out costumes..." Uh..sewing machine? What's that?! :)

You make me miss living close to all that amazing stuff in DC! We could be up there in four hours from our home in NC...east coast living is SO MUCH FUN. So happy to be able to keep up with you guys!

Amber Marcum said...

You guys look amazing!! Man, the party is already started! Wish we could be there. True story, 2 days ago I just wanted to hear your voice so I started to call you (while driving) then got honked at...so I closed the phone. :) Crazy women drivers! :) But I miss you !

Amber Marcum said...

PS HOLY COW...I just saw the baby counter on your blog!!! I knew I wanted to call you...I rememeber you saying it'd be around this time. CONGRATS!!!! When did you find out? That is just wonderful!!!