Welcome to our Blog!

Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

1st Day of School!

It's a big day today for us here! The first day of school---2nd grade for Cameron and Kindergarten for Kelsey! Hurray!! Kelsey is sooOOOoo excited and READY for school. She's been waiting for this day for a year now. They both were totally excited to ride the bus this year. I asked Kelsey if she wanted me to take her to school on her first day, and she told me, "No mom--I want to ride the bus!" She marched right on the bus this morning with all the other kids with a big smile on her face. It's a bittersweet day for me to send her to school. I can't really be sad because this is going to be so good for her! But, when they start school--they start a schedule that takes them away from you all day for the next 12 years. (Which is good and bad!!) Cameron has a great class--there are 5 LDS kids in his class which we think is a great blessing. It's going to be a great year!!


Cam and Kelsey ready to go--new clothes, shoes, and backpacks!
r
Kelsey the Kindergartener

Cameron the 2nd Grader


Waiting for the bus with Dad


This is when Cam and Kelsey saw the bus pull up--the look on their faces was pure excitement!
There are about 10 kids on our street that get on the bus. There are more kids than that--some go to private schools. Lots of friends!

Here's Cam climbing on and Kelsey--she turned and blew us a kiss as she was getting on. (Ok--that made me get a little teary!)

They're not home yet...can't wait to hear how the day went. In the meantime...me and Ellie and Isaac are enjoying a nice, quiet day at home.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

OK guys - when I read this I got all teary!!! Grandma's don't do well reading about their grandchildren that are growing up. What a cute jesture to blow you a kiss as Kelsey is getting on the bus. I can't wait to walk them to the bus stop next week. You (meaning my children) never had the excitement of riding a bus to school. What an adventure!

Anonymous said...

Kelsey is so brave! Rebekah did the same thing - just waved us off, and charged into her classroom with confidence we were NOT expecting. I bet it was such a thrill for her to finally get to do what Cameron has been doing, and know she's not missing the party anymore!

Ike and Holly Morgan said...

What cute kids! I can hardly believe Kelsey and Makai are old enough for school. Of course they are both wearing skirts for their first day. Makai would be jealous to know that Kelsey gets to ride the bus. So much fun!

Liz Davis said...

Look at those cute kids ready for school! I hope they're both loving it.