Welcome to our Blog!

Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Kelsey turns 6!




A bit behind in posting pics from Kelsey's 6th Birthday in April!
She is 6! Can't believe it...even though she acts like a 16 year old most of the time.
She is such a funny kid. It was a fun birthday for her. We went to her school to have lunch with her which is always fun. All the girls in her class were trying to be the one who got to sit next to her at the lunch table which was cute.That night I got to take her to the bookstore to pick out some books which is what she wanted for her present. A few days later, we had a "FLIP-FLOP" Party with her friends. All the girls came in their flip flops, we painted our toes, played games, hit a flip-flop pinata, and had flip-flop cake! It turned out to be a really fun party. She was happy with all the fun flip flop party favors we got for the party to give to her friends.

Kelsey is one special girl. I've been trying to "appreciate" her strong,funny,bold personality more lately and I've been writing down some of the things she says to us lately because she really does come up with some funny things with very creative words.
Here are some of my favorites:
"My cup is full of dainty milk and here is some ketchup for the dainty one herself."(at the dinner table)
"You scoundrel!" (to Cameron)
"Bornadash!" (a word she made up to mean darn it)
"I'm so cute I could knock down a building....of rocks!"
"You're wasting energy sire." (to Cameron when he left the fridge open)
"You're banished to the isle of Plomplo!" (again to Cameron)

"I wish I were a rabbit so then maybe I'd like to eat these carrots." (at dinner)

Here is a conversation between Cam and Kels:
Kelsey to Cameron (who is playing a Star Wars Game on the computer where you blast down spaceships or something): "Cameron, you're playing that game so much that you're going to marry it."
Cameron: "No I'm not."
Kelsey: "Yes you are. You're going to stand up to propose and say, "Will you marry me?" and then it will blast you in the face."

Not to mention when she boldly told our neighbor that he should stop smoking because it's gross and it will turn his lungs black and that he needs to keep his dog from pooping in our yard. She's right! I was actually kind of proud of her for saying it...we just need to work on her "tone" and thankfully our neighbor is really nice and loves her spunk.
Sure love that girl!


Eating flip-flop cake at her party!


Kelsey with her new pink scooter and shopping with Grandma for a new birthday outfit (the girl loves to shop!)

Lunch at the Elementary School

Kelsey in her "Derby Hat"---she made it at school during "Derby Week" here in Kentucky (it's kind of a big deal here--ok a huge deal)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The story about the star wars proposal almost made me snort my diet coke through my nose. FUNNY!!!

Ashlee said...

one of a kind! She is such a fun, smart girl that always makes everything more fun!

Lora said...

The cake turned out great. Thanks again for letting us stay with you the night before. Kelsy sure is an adorable little girl. Well have to come and wiggle cart with you guys again soon.

bonniefernsblog said...

I love Kelsey with all my heart. I can hardly wait to spend some time with her and the rest of the family this summer. She is a one-of-kind gal but she also reminds me of Jaimee when she was that age. Like Mother like Daughter!!! I wonder what I was like at age 6. Probably just like her!!!!

angela said...

I can't believe how much older Kelsey looks since the last time I saw her! Wow! Happy birthday to her! I'm glad you wrote all those sayings down. They are hilarious!

Steph said...

Oh Bornadash! Chris and I were busting up reading all the funny things Kelsey says! I especially love how many things she says to Cameron. It seems like their relationship has blossomed since I last saw them. ;)