Welcome to our Blog!

Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Spring Break 2010

Day One...
Trip to the Firestation. Cameron needed to go to pass off one of his requirements for his Wolf Badge for Cub Scouts, and my friend had planned a trip so we were excited to go! I love going to the firestation. The Firemen are always so nice and the kids are just fascinated by it all! The coolest part was at the end of the visit, the firemen got called on a emergency and all of them came running out, got dressed in their gear, jumped on the truck, and zoomed out in about 1 minute! It was pretty impressive! Then we went to the park nearby for a picnic lunch, and playing on the toys and swings. Budzo sure loves those swings! We dyed Easter Eggs when we got home. Easter was the day before, but we never got around to it so it gave us something to do!






DAY TWO...
The Zoo. My kids LOVE the zoo. We got a pass last summer so they've been to the Louisville Zoo a bunch of times but they never get tired of it. It was SUPER crowded this day, but we had fun. I didn't get many pictures because I was counting children the whole time and usually trying to track down one kid in all the crowds. Highlights from this trip was that we went with the Thiess Family, we saw the Bald Eagles this time which were really neat, and no geese came to attack us while we ate our lunch. My children are forever traumatized after one time the geese swarmed us while eating and were really agressive. They were really nervous to take food with us to eat, but happily no geese were there today.These pictures are at the END of the trip....they all are tired and grumpy as you can see from the pictures.




DAY THREE....
I made the kids do yard work all morning with me, and then we went to McDonalds for lunch. Cameron and Dad went to see "How to Train your Dragon" Monday night and Cameron was so excited to get one of the toys from McDonalds. Then we watched "Veggie Tales" movies the rest of the afternoon....which both the kids and I really love. They are so funny!

DAY FOUR...
The Science Center. We went with the Thiess Family again! They are so fun. Cameron and Liam are just great friends, and we're lucky to have them as neighbors and friends. The Science Center is way fun. Cameron especially LOVES this place. They had a special "Robots" exhibit that was fun. The kids got to learn about robots, and even build something with robot parts. It was a good time and we spent a long time there which was good! (Took up most of the day, and the kids were worn out when finished!) Cameron and Kelsey had soccer practice that night.






DAY FIVE...
I'm sitting here trying to think what we did today and I can't remember. I'm pretty sure we had a day playing at home. Nothing exciting this day.

So it was a fun week. It makes me excited for this summer, but also made me realize I'm gonna need a plan this summer for these kids (especially Kelsey) to keep them busy!

5 comments:

Eric and Jenny said...

Fun week, I am impressed with you for having a plan each day that musst make things go so much smoother. I will have to try that myself this summer. Hopefully by then I will be adjusted to 3 kids, and ready to venture out of the house with all of them.

bonniefernsblog said...

Wish I could have been there to do all those fun things with you. You are totally organized with a plan for activities. Cute pictures.

Ashlee said...

Impressed!!! It looks like a lot of fun but tiring, you're a great mom. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!

Shelley said...

You are such a cool mom!! I cannot believe how big your kids are getting. . .Kelsey looks so much like you!! I can't wait to see you. . .IN JUNE:)

angela said...

Remember how we used to go to the fire station together with our preschool? I seriously wish you were still in Lexington! Looks like you had a great Spring Break. I talked to Ashlee the other day about your eventful weekend. What a fun way to see the fireworks!! Miss you. Hope all is well!