Welcome to our Blog!

Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Note to self...

Here's a little note to myself (and to everyone)-- When I see a girl who is obviously close to having a baby I promise to never tell them that they look like they "are ready to pop!!". Why do people think that's OK to say to someone?? I've had several people tell me that--strangers at the store and people at church mainly. I assure you that I know I look (and feel) "ready to pop" with three weeks to go till this baby comes--but do you need to point it out?? What are you supposed to say back to them? "Why thank you" doesn't seem quite right does it? Any suggestions? Oh well--I'm a good sport and really don't care. It's worth it to have a sweet baby coming soon!

13 comments:

Ashlee said...

I always said,"You think so?" Sarcastically. Probably not the best thing to say but it made me feel better.

Lora said...

So sorry! I went over and the big comment I got was "You haven't had that baby yet?" I really wanted to look at them and say, "Yes I have had the baby. She is at home tending herself while I'm here talking to you looking like a cow which is most enjoyable!"

Good luck!

Bonnie said...

I am sorry that you are so tired of that comment but for some reason most people can only think of that to say. You would think they would remember how they looked and felt at that time in their lives. I promise I will never ever say that to another pregnant mom that I talk to. Love you. You are beautiful both ways pregnant and not pregnant as far as I am concerned. Your pictures are really cute when Matt and Phil and Lisa were there. I can't wait to come see you, Blaine and the kids.

Marissa said...

Oh, I hated that. I started getting it when I was 6 months along with both babies... and then I'd get "are you having twins?" Ouch. Anyway, like you said, it's all worth it. I always just said "I know... I look huge!" or something like that. I agree with Ashlee... humor always seems to make it seem less awkward.

angela said...

You are too funny! The end is in sight!!

Eric and Jenny said...

Oh that's funny, though honestly why do people say that they might as well just tell you you look like an elephant, and like you already don't know that. Sorry Jaim, but you are right little baby is definitely worth it. I can't believe you are so close!

Anonymous said...

Jaimee, Sweet Jaimee,
My personal favorite response for all things tacky is "You must have nothing better to do", but I am afraid that you might be too sweet to ever utter such words laced with sarcasm. To the lady who points out that my toddler has the handle bar of the grocery cart in his mouth, to the uptight mom at the park who is pointing out to me, again, that my kid is about to reach the top of the climbing wall, and shouldn't I do something, all the way to the stranger at the Doctor's office who rolls there eyes when my kids are being kids in the kids section of the Doctor's office that has been specifically set aside for kids to be kids while waiting in a boring Doctor's office.
Oh yes - even while serving as Relief Society President, I could roll out a nice, sticky "You must have nothing better to do" like the best of them.
Usually, they do not have a good comeback, so it shuts them up pretty quick. I wish I had more kind or charitable advice for you. But I do love you very much, and I would NEVER tell you that you are about to pop. Besides, I already know your due date. (*wink*)
love Tam

Steph said...

Jaimee, I think that is the closest hing to a rant I have ever heard you say. :) Even in your anger you are the sweetest person i know! Ha ha. I love you!

Jaimee Blood said...

I guess pregnancy brings out the sass in me Sto--it doesn't happen often. Ha!

Penny said...

Just tell them they too look ready to pop! It makes everyone feel uncomfortable, not just you! LOL I love it! It is so worth hearing all of that when they're here! I was just asked when I was ready to pop and I said "I popped 4 days ago!" Now that's uncomfortable! LOL

LuAnn said...

More than say things (while plenty did) in that 9th month people would just stare at me...then look at each other...then back at me...as if you say "did you see that?" If you want to feel better take a look at me a couple days before delivery. It's posted back in July 08. See you in a couple months?

Derena said...

Dear Jaimee,

Maybe you could say. "Funny I was thinking the same thing about you"
Whether they are big or little it would give them some food for thought. Anyway you are a beautiful angel and a gift to all who know you. And thank-you for all the beautiful babies you bring into the world... even if they do call us dunko sometimes. Love you lots.

Alyssa said...

Ok, my favorite retort so far is the "funny, I was thinking the same thing about you" comment. Let's go over some etiquette rules. It is okay to say, "wow, I didn't even know you were pregnant from behind!" to a pregnant lady, or "when are you due?" if you are POSITIVE she is pregnant, or say you are looking back at old pictures, you can say, "wow, you were ready to pop there", implying that she is so obviously NOT ready to pop currently that she has lost most, if not all, the baby weight, but other than that, nothing else! Love you and good luck tomorrow!