Kentucky is known for its delicious berries. The kids and I headed to an orchard in Paris, KY to pick some incredible blackberries. It was great! The kids could do it all on their own--even Ellie. She knew that she was only supposed to pick the black ones that were ripe and ready, and she did great. We came home a made some blackberry jam, and a blackberry cobbler is on the menu for dessert! We are going to miss being able to do "country" stuff like this when we move (which is just two weeks away!)
Here are the berry pickers!
Can you believe we've been so lucky to live in such a beautiful place for the last 5 years?
This was taken from our car window on the drive home---that's a beautiful tobacco field in the distance. (They really are pretty. )
Welcome to our Blog!
Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:
Friday, August 8, 2008
Out pickin' berries in Kentucky!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love all the fun things to do in Kentucky especially all the fun orchards, that perhaps is one of my very favorite things to do there. It is so very pretty and I am so impressed you made jam, I have always wanted to do that but it sounds so hard. Good luck with all the packing, I hope it's going okay.
These pictures are so cute of the kids and you Jaimee. I will miss seeing the beautiful country side also when you move but you have some really great adventurers ahead of you and new places and things to see. See you soon. Just know that I love all of you dearly.
Post a Comment