We went to Kirtland, OH on our way home from Michigan. That has been on our "to do list" since we moved to Kentucky 5 years ago and we wanted to make sure we got there since we are so close!
We had a great visit. The Church has a beautiful visitors center there and we saw the N.K. Whitney store and home, the Kirtland Temple, the Isaac Morley farm (who is my 3rd great grandfather), and the John Johnson farm. Every site was really special. We stayed in a hotel--the kids love that. My sister Aleta and some of her family came with us from Michigan--which made it all the better!!
Our family at the Kirtland Visitors Center
Sitting in the room where the "School of the Prophets" was held.
In front of the Newell K. Whitney store
At the Isaac Morley farm. Notice how much "fun" Ellie is having--this documents the mood
she was in for the majority of our time in Kirtland.
In front of the Kirtland Temple.
Welcome to our Blog!
Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:
Friday, August 15, 2008
On to Kirtland, OH from Michigan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
your trip to kirkland looks like you had fun except for Ellie. Poor thing - she just was not enjoying that part of your trip!!! Isn't the Isaac Morley farm beautiful?
I'm going to dribble you Cameron....
Hi = I finally got the address right. So fun seeing your family and how much the kids have grown. Congrats on the next one. Sam and Karm just had a baby girl last Friday. You can see her at my blog
dodades.blogspot.com
Kirtland is our dream trip..we would have like going on a mission there. Maybe next time. Have a fun visit with your folks. Hope you like living in DC. All's well here. We're keeping very busy. Love, Aunt Dona & Uncle David
Don't know why that came up anonymous. Sorry. Aunt Dona
Hey girl, we so miss you guys too. I was totally thinking about you guys today and realized, "oh my gosh, they've already left!" It came SO FAST!! I feel horrible that we didn't come to help with the move or anything!! But, you are right, we are planning on coming probably in Oct. :) I hope you are all settled in okay. Love the pics, it looks like such a fun trip! How far is it to Kirtland?
That is so great that you got to make the trip to Kirtland. I can't believe we haven't done that one yet! I love the family picture in front of the store. We miss you guys. Thank heavens for blogs... so we can stay connected.
I need a update....
Post a Comment