Welcome to our Blog!
Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:
Sunday, March 9, 2008
Blood in the Snow
Saturday (3/8/08) was the biggest snowfall that the Blood's have seen in the Bluegrass since moving here in '03. We had like six whole inches!!!! The town shut down, the churches (except ours) closed on Sunday, and the local grocery store was out of milk (due to the panic over the "blizzard"). Today the sun was shining, the roads were clear, the snow was melting, and all over Kentucky milk will go sour because no one can drink 75 gallons before the expiration date. The kids (and by that I mean me (Blaine)) had a fun time throwing snowballs at Jaimee. Kelsey was a snow princess, I was the snow king, and Cameron was the snow "bad guy." Ellie cried every time she got some snow her, so she didn't last very long. Then we came in and had hot chocolate (made with water not milk because of the stockpiling panic-frenzied doomsdayers)). It was fun.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Grandma Bonnie says that it looks like all of you had fun in the snow. You would really have fun with all the snow that we have had in Utah this winter. Most of ours is gone now - I even have crocusses blooming in my yard!! Still have a ton of snow at old house. You make cute snow bunnies!
I know the snow was so great, I almost felt like I was in Utah, such cute pictures! By the way I made the cafe rio pork it was fantastic, we loved it! Thank you so much for the recipe it will be something I make at least once a month now.
Those are adorable pics of the snow...and I felt a pain in my heart to see our street. :) I loved your b-day entry...I think I'll do that too...can you believe we are in our thirties...we look 16 still. (at least I act that way:) I missed the stampin up party...hope you do another one that I can come to!! Love ya!
Post a Comment