Welcome to our Blog!

Here's whats happening in Crestwood, Kentucky:

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Goodbye twenties...hello thirties!


Thanks for the tulips Franki--they're my favorite!

So I'm thirty years old today! Last night I was enjoying the last few hours of my twenties, and had a few moments to reflect on the last 10 years of my life. What a decade its been! When I turned 20 I was in Jeruasalem doing a sememster of study abroad and I just thought of everything that's happended since then...here is a list of the "highlights" of my 20's! (Feel free to skip past this if it totally is boring. I'm doing this for my own posterity I suppose!)

  • Backpacked through Europe for a month
  • Wrote my sweetheart Blaine on his mission, he got home, we had a really special second first kiss the night after he got home which lead to...
  • Being engaged and married in the temple to the greatest husband ever (this was HUGE!)
  • Receiving my bachelor's degree in Ultrasound (after working 60 hour weeks at the hospital AND being 8 months pregnant!)
  • Had a beautiful baby boy--Cameron!
  • Worked full time as an ultrasound tech plus being on-call all hours of the night (how did I do that???)
  • Moved to Kentucky--started law school life!
  • Bought our first house
  • Had a beautiful baby girl--Kelsey!
  • Served in the Young Women, as Relief Society Pres, for almost 3 years, Stake Primary Pres.
  • Survived three years of law school--ok Blaine did most of the work but I'd like to think it was a team effort!
  • Had another beautiful baby girl--Ellie
  • Started the real world of jobs, family, loans, bills etc....
I was just overwhelmed with thinking of all that has happened and all I've learned since that 20th birthday. I realize that I could have never have done any of the above without my wonderful husband, parents, and all the dear friends and family we have, and most of all from all the blessings that we have received from our kind an loving Heavenly Father. It's all worked out somehow even when it often seemed like we wouldn't make it. We've been so happy and blessed. Just think of all the great things that are going to happen in my thirties!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Grandma Bonnie and Mom says Happy Birthday to Jaimee. We love you. Very cute pictures on the blog. It makes me anxious for my tulips to bloom in my yard.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jaimee! Love you!

Blaine and Jaimee Blood said...

I always knew we would make it!

Marissa said...

Hey! It's Marissa Noe. I saw a link to your blog on Ashlee's page! Happy Birthday! Life goes so fast, huh? I remember coming home from my mission and having my second first kiss from Adam. It was pretty neat!!! You have been blessed to have such a full life and an absolutely ADORABLE family!! BTW... my blog is www.missnoeitall.typepad.com.

Ashlee said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I love this post. I learned so much about you, which is always good. You have done so much in your short life. Have a great birthday week.

Eric and Jenny said...

Jaimee this was so great. What a wonderful life you have had so far. I loved reading this I had no idea you spent time in Jerusalem(hope I spelled that right). I hope you had a great day, you are the best!

LuAnn said...

Jaimee! I'm glad you found my blog. I've actually seen yours cause Shelley gave it to me one time when I was thinking of starting one. I don't know why I never commented...just wanted to blog stalk I guess. Thanks for helping me look forward to turning 30! And yes...law school is definitely a team effort. I'm already talking about my graduation present and people look at my like I'm wierd but I'm totally serious.

rozalyn said...

Happy Birthday Jaimee! I hope this next year is your best one yet. You're such an admirable woman and I'm so thankful I know you!

Amy said...

Hey Old Lady, welcome to the club. Happy late birthday. Maybe next year I'll visit you in VA!